Croaker | Mushka Fish
Croaker fish is a popular seafood that belongs to the Sciaenidae family. This fish is found in both saltwater and freshwater environments and is commonly found in the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, and the Chesapeake Bay. Croaker fish is a popular fish for anglers and is also widely consumed as a food item.
Croaker fish is a low-calorie, high-protein fish that is rich in essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the health benefits of including croaker fish in your diet:
- Good source of protein: Croaker fish is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Croaker fish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain health, reducing inflammation, and improving heart health.
- Lowers risk of heart disease: The omega-3 fatty acids in croaker fish can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts immune system: Croaker fish is a good source of vitamins and minerals that can help boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
- Improves brain function: The omega-3 fatty acids in this fish can help improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Promotes healthy skin and hair: The vitamins and minerals in croaker fish can help promote healthy skin and hair.
Overall, croaker fish is a healthy and nutritious food that can be a great addition to any diet. However, it is important to ensure that you are consuming fish that has been sourced sustainably and is free from contaminants like mercury.
Croaker is preferred for Whole and Gutted and Headless and Gutted, Slices, Boneless Fillets, Boneless Biscuits, and Boneless Fingers.
Approx. Cutting Yields
- Whole: 100 %
- Gutted: 80 %
- Headless and Gutted: 55 %
- Slices: 55 %
- Boneless: 42 %
Croaker is preferred to Grill, BBQ & Fry.